Monday, December 19, 2005

A note on predictions

The more I experience the more I am convinced.

I am sure a lot of you will relate personally to what I am writing below.

Predictions in the daily newspapers look nice, or at least worth a second look when something similar is happening in your life.

Any educated person looks at these daily news horoscopes at most at face value. Barring the Balaji Production House. But we have a prejudiced notion as to how we react, and when. If the horoscope readings remotely resemble to what we are experiencing, we think about it, react positively to it, and even hoping that the horoscope prediction comes out to be true. On the contrary, if something negative is written, then we rubbish it instantly. Some people go a bit further and loathe and abuse the whole horoscope and astrology practice.

Todays prediction for me.

Sagittarius : 'You maybe in a restless and irritable mood and this could affect your interactions with people. Work will bring satisfaction. Romance could go through some tense moments. Unexpected expenses are indicated.'

The first line is definitely not for me. But somehow I feel that it might be true. But definitely not to the extent of affecting my interactions with people. Work will bring satisfaction ? Definitely not for me. I am not working at present. And no other mental or Physical exercise either. Romance, er....Well no comments on that.

Now the last line is what prompted me to write this piece. Should I assume unexpected expenses as to the high fees I might have to pay for getting admission to an MBA ? If yes, then that's a good thing. Or should I assume that you will keep on filling forms but you will not convert a single call ! And that's bad. Isn't it ?

Maybe I should contact this person and get the specifics.

Your interpretations are highly welcomed. Maybe I will take out an average prediction out of all what you have to say.

Life's such nowadays.....

No comments: