Sunday, October 09, 2005

Frustration


Hi guys. Just came home after an disappointing day at Churchagte, Mumbai. Today I had a written exam for Infosys. Really, I say it is disappointing, not because I performed badly. But due to the fact that only 75 people (thats max !!) were selected out of almost 700 to 800 people, if not more. Anybody who knows me will tell you that I am the last person to be disappointed after giving any exam. But this time it hurt because I had prepared, I had put in much effort. And to top it, my exam went well too, but still I could not make the cut. Now I can sense a new meaning in the phrase "Cut throat Competition". Today it feels too literal. Out of 10 questions, I guess those who missed even one, did not make the cut.

A very good friend of mine also took the exam. He got selected. I can't help but feel a bit jealous. But I must say that he is a very talented person and he thoroughly deserves what he is getting. But in his centre almost 150 people were selected (out of 1000). I don't say he doesn't deserve it, he thoroughly does. But still if that would have been the case here too, maybe today evening would have been a bit different.

But now I resolve all the more to perform and to do well. There is no substitute for short cut. That I realized today.

But I still wish if today evening were a bit different.

Just a bit.........

3 comments:

Karthik said...

Its ok dun worry. Infy is not the end of the world. I know you know all this but just boosting you up. I for one know because I refused Infy to come here to study. And I have batchmates who have left Infy to do the same.

I am happy to see this makes you determined to do better. As long as you learn from your mistakes and make your failures the stepping stone to success, no one will be able to pull you down.

Go ahead and succeed. You are born to win. Best of luck.

Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at hannah@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Hannah
hannah@wefeelfine.org