Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Travelouge of my Short Travel

Today was a hectic day. I was going to attend a seminar on “Education in the United States”. Just as an afterthought, I took along my new digital camera with me. And as it turned out, it would be one of the most enriching moments in quite a while.

I took a few snaps along the way. Then I reached my venue, The Taj Presidency. It is one of the landmark hotels in Mumbai City. The ambience inside the hotel is something which can only be experienced. Then I proceeded to the Main Hall, where the seminar was going to be held. It was quite an informative session. After that was finished was when the fun started…….

No sooner was I out of the hotel complex, than I took a complete snap of the hotel. Now I was in the mood, so I took a Taxi and I headed for The Gateway of India. It was a breathtaking view, the sea, the people, and the landmark structures. It was too much. I immediately popped my camera and started clicking away in all its glory.

I was apprehensive when I first approached Eli and Esmi (lovely names), they are from Belgium and Holland respectively, but anyhow I told them that I wanted a snap of them both, and to my surprise they agreed without any hitch. They suggested that I should take a snap facing opposite to the direction of sunlight, but I convinced them otherwise and as it turned out, the snap was perfect. We had our brief introductions and then the time came to depart. I don’t know about them, but I surely wanted to spend some more time with them. I wanted to know their opinion about our country and I wanted to know about theirs. But I decided that it would be unfair to ruin a lovely evening of the lovely couple, so I decided to move on. Hopefully they will read this and comment accordingly.

Thanks to Amit, who allowed me to take his snap along with his lovely wife and child. I think he was apprehensive at first, but I think I convinced him. Your snap turned out to be great too. You too comment accordingly.

Please view all your snaps by either clicking the flickr badge which you see on the right hand corner of your screen which has snaps in it (just under the ‘links’ header). Or you copy paste this address in a new window (because I don’t know how to insert a hyperlink!!). http://www.flickr.com/photos/debayan/
Just click on the set, scenery of Mumbai and view your pics.

Thanks to you all for the lovely time I had this evening.

One of those days which was worth remembering in a long while………

1 comment:

Karthik said...

Well Tip dear,

Actually I have my exams coming up, so no blogging for me. Just came to check yours.

Good writing. The numerology stuff does work sometimes. I dunno know how true it is but again no point in going against something I cant prove decisively as wrong. he he.

As for the photos, nice ones. The E couple were of course right in their idea that the sun should be behind you. If you notice, the faces have a shadow and the hair is haloed. This takes the attention away from the face and it also looks less attractive.

I would also suggest you read up a bit on photography if you are using an adjustable focus camera. If its an auto focus hmmm try to find a bit better one. I think there is a problem with the lens at the edges in some photos.

Chalo. Im going back to studies. You take care and keep blogging.